Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thoughts on a Wednesday

1. Our new fridge dispenses crushed ice. I firmly believe that crushed ice is critical in a beverage, so this is especially exciting.

2. If you do not have Greg Laswell's Three Flights from Alto Nido, scoot over to iTunes and purchase it as quickly as you possibly can. My personal fave is "And Then You".

3. Having a backyard is transforming our lives. Matt installed sprinklers this past weekend and intends to plant new grass this coming weekend. Sadie has a doggy door and is completely potty trained. We sit on the deck at night. It's fabulous.

4. That being said, having a backyard also means more bugs. And double doors from the bedroom to the backyard means easier access for said bugs to enter my sacred sleeping place. It's a predicament. There's already been one incident involving a speedy, flying insect the size of a stocky bird and Matt, with a shoe that did not look nearly large enough to kill it (his shoe, not mine... mine would have easily done the trick.. haha).

5. Less than two months until the regular season of the NFL kicks off. I'm recruiting serious candidates only for my all-female fantasy league. Inquiries welcomed.

6. It bothers me that the predicative text on my phone doesn't contain the words "ass" or "bitch".

7. I think I'm being replaced. There's another bitch in my bed (see image). I'd kick her ass if I didn't like her kisses just as much as hubby. :)


Happy Wednesday! :)

7/18/08 Update: Danielle & Matt were kind enough to take point #6 to heart and really dig up an answer for me. Thanks, guys - love the participation. :) Enjoy!


3 comments:

Jeff and Katie said...

Miss Sadie is very cute! (and looks comfy in your bed)...my only warning is that she will grow, and when she does you will find your bed is no longer yours (and yes she will ALWAYS want the middle!) Have fun with her! The best days are yet to come!

Matt and Danielle said...

Do you take requests? Because I request more lists (or "thoughts"). Very funny!

Keith said...

I miss this great weirdness when are we going to do dinner?