Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Celebrations

A lot of good things have been happening lately. So many, in fact, that I have felt so compelled to spend all of my discretionary time doing them that I couldn't be bothered to blog! Here's the quick run down on what we've been up to:

Mama & Papa Loyko came down to LA for one final weekend before we head off to the great unknown (aka The East Coast). We went to a Dodger game, played board games, drank a lot of wine, and had an all-around fantastic time. It just warmed my heart to have the whole family in Dodger Blue! :)


We happened to go to the game on a Saturday that was "Photo on the Field Day". I was in heaven! So many players walking around - albeit inside fencing and surrounded by security guards - and I saw my fave somewhat up close, Matt Kemp!


Cousin Erin came up from El Centro for the weekend, too! So fun.


Matt is taking full advantage of his summer! He headed up to the Sierras for a few days to go backpacking and hang with some friends. While he was gone, Sadie, Sam & I held down the fort. Sadie was missing him, though! She would spend a few minutes each night after I got home from work staring out the front window expecting Daddy to come home. Sad, but also pretty sweet!


I met Matt up in Tahoe last weekend for my good friend, Christine's, wedding. It was such a happy day! She looked gorgeous (obvi), and it was so fun to see good friends from high school & college. I love weddings, period, but even more so when they are for someone as sweet as my little Teeny!


We love to laugh together. Like, a lot. :) 


While in town for the wedding, we stayed with Luke and got to see his newly purchased home in Reno. It was so fun to see the "little brother" all settled in with a house, dog, job, etc. We are so proud of our little chemist!


Downtown Reno was surprisingly cool, with a big focus on the riverwalk and an art hop going on while we were there. Sweltering hot, though. Don't let this photo fool you: I was sweating bullets. 


We shortened the drive back to LA by driving from Reno to Fresno on Saturday night. We decided to go the long way through the mountains, which simply could not have been prettier! I propped my feet on the dash and just soaked it all up. Seriously, we'd round a bend and - surprise! - there's a stream or lake or some other amazing view! It was gorgeous and worth the extra hour in the truck.


Saturday night we crashed my parents' bbq and had some amazing home-cooked food & family time. Sunday morning we made time for a quick trip to the lake with Mama & Papa Tatum, Jenn & David, and the kiddos. It was a hot morning - 85 degrees already when we arrived at the lake at 7:30 am! We made quick work of everything and got in a good couple of hours out on the water before starting to melt in the sun.


Abby and I "drove" the boat for a while. :)


Uncle Matt & Kaleb on the tube. 


And just this past Thursday, Matt & I celebrated five (yes, five!) wonderful years of marriage! It has flown by, and we are so excited to see what the next 5 bring us. If it's anything like these past five, it will be full of surprises, but also chock full of love, laughter, and amazing memories. 

Love ya, handsome! :)

No comments: