Matt has been interviewing for fellowship positions over the past few weeks, and today he accepted a position at the UC Merced counseling center! It is a great position, and he is very excited about the work he will get to do as well as the people he'll be working with.
So, the positive is that he has a job that he will most likely love.
The negative is... we have to live in Merced.
I'm actually pretty certain that this is the universe's way of flipping me off, seeing as how I've spent the last 10 years since leaving Fresno for college swearing up and down that I would never move back. The blessing is that we will be a mere hour away from family, so our baby is going to get lots of love from his or her grandparents, aunts & uncles, and my bff! That will be so wonderful! I will continue to work from home after my maternity leave, so we are really grateful for that flexibility.
I was trying to muster up a little more enthusiasm about Merced this afternoon, so I checked out their city website.
Not sure that helped...
Among Merced's sparse local attractions are the following:
Merced Agricultural Museum
Hilmar Cheese Company, the world's largest single-site cheese manufacurer.
I'm not making this up. They produce one million pounds of cheese each day, and have their own visitor's center complete with a show.
And, finally, Merced Fruit Barn. At least we'll have easy access to fresh local produce! That will come in handy for our Tatum Tot's baby food.
In all seriousness, I am extremely proud of my hard-working husband! UC Merced is lucky to have him on staff, and we are both very excited to make our way back to California! Only eight weeks until we are Californians again!
:)




2 comments:
Wooooooo! Go Dr Matt!! So happy for you guys, can't wait to see that little baby on the regular:)
I'm sure Carson will be thrilled to go see the tractors at the agriculture museum- We will definitely need to plan a day trip! :)
Post a Comment