Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Injuries & a Doghouse

I came home one day last week from work and, much to my surprise, Matt had built Sadie a doghouse! With his own hands! Using 'scrap wood' from the garage! I swear, he is so handy. :) We painted it bright red (typical) and she's getting used to it, though we're not sure whether she ever even uses it when we're not there. Nevertheless, it will come in handy in the future since she will be spending more time outside now that Matt is back in school and working.

She goes wherever the bone goes.  It's strategic.

So cute between the trees.

Action shot!

Saturday afternoon Matt & I had just finished painting the doghouse when Sadie came bounding in the house. Matt noticed that her lip looked a little bigger than normal.  Upon closer inspection, we saw that the whole left side of her lip was swollen and rock solid to the touch. Matt sprung into action; I freaked out. As soon as the words, "there's something wrong with Sadie" came out of his mouth, I went into overdrive - I paced frantically and was literally no help at all in determining the cause and/or solution (Note to self: do NOT do that when we have children). Matt's first thought was 'bee sting'. As we began Google-ing, Sadie wandered back outside... to play with a bee! The alleged offender was minding his own business (AKA: dead) in the grass right outside the backyard. We gave her some Benadryl (in cheese - her first piece of human food!) and the swelling quickly subsided... as did her playing. She slept the rest of the night until the following morning! We're just glad that our first brush with puppy injury was not more serious.

Swollen lip.  Still adorable.  And still a bee lover.

Some QT with the hurt pup.

Matt hurt his back on Sunday and has been lying flat ever since.  Sadie has considered this to be exclusively for her enjoyment and has been his constant companion.  I believe the wet willy count is up to 42. :)  He's feeling better, ever so slowly.

I still think it may be a ploy to get out of doing the dishes. 
(Kidding, duh)

2 comments:

Matt and Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt and Danielle said...

I LOVE her doghouse! And I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes(I'm consolidating comments)! I wish we had Peets :(