Monday, February 15, 2010

Holiday Weekend

Is there anything better than a three day weekend?  I love the realization on a Sunday night that there is still one more day of late sleeping, book reading, hubby cuddling bliss. :)

I took zero photos this weekend for some strange reason, but had such a fun time that I had to tell you about it.  Friday night we spent a hilarious night at the Brea Improv with friends, including my bestie Danielle, visiting from Fresno for the night.  We went to see Nicole's friend, Mal Hall, who is getting his start as an opener and is a very funny guy, and were treated to the antics of Bryan Callen as the headliner.  So funny!  His peach-eating, stallion rider was my favorite part.  Couldn't. Stop. Laughing. (shocker, I know)

The rest of our weekend has been perfectly boring, just the way we like it.  This new collar has made walks with Sadie a breeze:


Note Sadie's future boyfriend in the photo above. :)  And many thanks to Ma & Pa Tatum for the walking tip!  Seriously, if your dog pulls, this will change your life.

I've been re-reading my favorite of all time, Pride and Prejudice by Miss Austen (a lovely new copy from my fellow book-lover, Dianna).  We watched a refreshingly honest movie about relationships, the 500 Days of Summer, and of course, are keeping up on all of the Olympics!  Amazing how you can feel so invested in a competitor following a three-minute piece on their life story.  Matt & I have never been big Valentine's Day people.  We prefer to just put good steaks on the grill, have a nice glass of wine, and catch up on Project Runway like the old married couple that we are. :)

Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend as well!  Just four days from now and we will find out if Matt matched for internship, so keep those fingers and toes tightly crossed!

No comments: