Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Some Things About Pennsylvania

1.  It is warm (bordering on hot) here, very sunny, and not quite as humid as I'd expected. So far, I give the weather a 7 and a half out of 10.

2.  I can't find a Starbucks for the life of me! I honestly don't think they drink coffee here at all. The extent of their "coffee shops" is a Dunkin' Donuts 5 miles down the street. It's a problem.

3.  I have four friends total in the entire state of PA so far. That doesn't include the lady at the wine & spirits shop (who I'm sure to befriend - it's only a matter of time), but does include two friends in Philly who I haven't seen yet since we've been out here, so I don't know if I'm technically allowed to count them. Although, they were incumbent friends... We're working on the friend thing.

4.  It smells like manure. Like, all the time. God help me if I get used to it.

5.  The whole state is insanely beautiful (manure odor & absence of coffee drinks aside). Sometimes when I'm driving/riding along a country road with corn fields on one side and a farm on the other and rolling hills in front and behind me, I lierally say, "Shut up.. this is just way too perfect." It's a different kind of perfect, because - don't get me wrong - the sand lapping at the shore of Corona del Mar is perfect, too... but perfect nonetheless. :)

2 comments:

Keith said...

don't let the school children catch you plugging your nose, you'll never hear the end of it.

Dani said...

you'll get used to it, sadly. :) lol