Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another (Almost) Failed Holiday Card Attempt

Every year, I have great intentions to send out an adorable holiday card. I mean, who doesn't love receiving envelopes full of holiday cheer with smiling photos of family & friends? I love it. And I got to thinking... if I never send out holiday cards, eventually I'm going to fall off of other people's lists. So, in an effort to foster the holiday card relationship with all of you, the Tatum family once again attempted the classic family photo. :)

This year, our family is minus one, with Sammy settled in at the Loyko home for the year. We employed the help of a good friend to take the photo of me, Matt, and Sadie and set out near our apartment to try to get a good photo. It was noon, so the light was not in our favor.

Clearly we're not photographers.

While we eventually got a good(ish) photo, there were plenty of cast-aways first. But the funny thing is, those are actually always my favorite part! The silly, squinty, chaotic photos are the most amusing. Here are some of this year's:

-Take One-
Looking into the sun wasn't working. We were squinty with forced smiles, not to mention the fact that I look like the family giant standing next to Matt.

-Take Two-
Still squinty, but how cute is Sadie's little head tilt?! Love.

-Take Three-
Sadie grew impatient and curious about something in the pond.

-Take Four-
A bug probably walked by. It's Pennsylvania, people!

-Take Five-
We're all over the place in this one.

-Take Six-
My clenched smile + one tired & frustrated pooch + Matt's ankles = no thank you

-Take Seven-
Finally, a useable photo! Coming soon to a mailbox near you. :)

1 comment:

L-i-n-d-s-a-y said...

what a good looking trio!
(and your boots looked cute the whole time!)