The day our mothers thought may never come has arrived. Matt & I are going to be parents! We are so excited about our little growing bundle of joy. We heard the heartbeat again yesterday at the 12 week appointment, which is such an amazing sound! My doctor prefaced the process by mentioning that sometimes it can take a while to locate the heartbeat because it's such a little sound to be searching for, because she's not sure which side the baby is on, etc. etc. Well she put the scope to my stomach and we heard it right away as clear as a bell! Either my doc is very good (read: lucky), or we have a very strong little baby in there. I think it's the latter. :)
We won't have another ultrasound until about week 18, but here is the first picture of our Tatum Tot. This is when I was only six and a half weeks. It doesn't look like much, but it is still probably the best thing I've ever seen.
My due date is October 8th... could it possibly be any further away still?! I'm assured time will start to fly, which will be a welcome change from how slooow everything seems to be moving right now. Our friends who are parents already tell me to enjoy this time, so we are focusing on reading a lot and thinking fondly about this tiny little baby who will undoubtedly change our lives. :)

5 comments:
So thrilled for you two!! you will make awesome parents!! congratulations!
such a joy! a big congratulations to you two! for me after the first trimester and the morning sickness was gone I felt the best I ever had in my whole life. I just loved pregnancy. I hope you feel great & enjoy it! lots of love!
I LOVE the picture!!! (I'm not going to lie, I was super thankful for the arrow. How one understands what they are seeing on those ultrasounds is beyond me!!) :) :) :)
P.S.: The captcha that they made me write to ensure that I'm not spam or whatever was as follows: nuckerfh. Not okay. Thought you'd appreciate it.
yay!!!! congratulations megan & matt!!! such an exciting time. you will undoubtedly be wonderful parents.
Congrats Megan!! You will be a great mom!! Very exciting :)
Post a Comment