Saturday, August 23, 2008

Backpacking Trip

My brothers and I decided to go on a backpacking trip to close out the summer. We all start back to school and work this week, so we wanted a final trip together, especially since David is living in Fresno and is so much closer now. We hiked in the Sierras and visited three different lakes over the course of the three day trip. It was a fun, but challenging trip, and we all found out what we were really made of (some more than others!). A great way to end the summer.

Pre-trip exuberance

Woodchuck Lake

The woodchuck we saw on the way to Woodchuck Lake

A close encounter with Mother Nature

A friendly game of Hide 'n Seek with the boys


Would the caption "Tatum Boys On Top of the World" be cliche?


Luke representing the Olympic Diving Team



Luke drying his skivvies at Marsh Lake

A view from the trail


Upon my return, I found that my beloved puppy, Sadie, previously a badass bitch in her black collar, had been transformed into a princess in pink. I know now not to leave the women alone!


No comments: