For those of you who have been part of my recent inquiry, I found the answer! Hootie went country! Well, at least the lead singer, Darius Rucker, did.
Let me backtrack. About a month ago I watched VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's from song 100 all the way down to 1 (I am not ashamed to admit that I love both VH1 and 90's music. Duncan Shiek, anyone?). Number 45 was Hootie & the Blowfish with "Only Wanna Be With You" and it got me wondering where the fellas are nowadays. I was never a particularly crazy Hootie fan, but I belted out "Let Her Cry" just like every other pre-teen in the passenger seat of their parents' car. :)
So this evening, I was driving home from work, and it must have been a twist of fate. Normally, I listen to my iPod... my only radio experience is Ryan Seacrest on KIIS FM every morning on the way to work, and I dare not tarnish it with the rest of the riff-raff out there - specifically country deejays - Nicole knows what I mean... :) But my purse was in the backseat, blah, blah, blah, and I ended up listening to the local country station (Note: local, meaning the country station based out of the 909. I'm fairy certain there are no actual cowboys in LA.), and to my surprise I heard the deejay mention "Hootie" and "Country" in the same breath, and then proceeded to play a song that didn't suck! Shocking, I know. The song is called "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" and it's the same raspy voice we all know and love from back in the day.
Enjoy. :) The first song he sings is not the new single, but also good. Hang on 'til the end!
And just for fun, here's the full VH1 song list:
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_greatest/127762/episode_featured_copy.jhtml
2 comments:
I am SO glad you posted this, driving home from the coast two weeks ago I heard this song and loved it so much I have been searching to find out WHO sings it! (and now I know!)
"Let Her Cry" will always be my favorite. No matter what.
Post a Comment