Holidays with our families are always an adventure to say the very least. The beauty of both families living in Fresno is that we get to see everyone in one fell swoop. Thanksgiving was fabulous for lots of reasons, but particularly because we had an entire day to spend with each family (that's right - two feasts!) and didn't feel like we had to rush from house to house on a tight schedule. As a result, we got quality time with all of our loved ones... and I do mean all of them (dogs included)!
Sadie met Sherman, my Aunt Sheila's new diabetes alert dog - a black lab - who senses when her blood sugar is getting low or high and is just all-around amazing in addition to being one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met. He & Sadie became fast friends and it was fun to take the dogs to the park on a play date and let them run around. Trouble is, it was Sadie's first experience with a chain link fence, and she ran right into it! Head first! At full speed! Imagine our concern! Matt sprinted over to her, picked her up and cradled her like a baby saying, 'It's okay, honey', which gave me hope for our future roles as parents (though I suppose that the fact that I chose to just stand there probably should be a bit of a concern). She shook it off like a champ and was back to running around mere seconds thereafter. She also got to play with Sparky and Hunter, our parents' dogs, and though she didn't get to see Dauber in person, she sniffed my pant legs for about 15 good minutes after I returned from D & Matt's, which I think satisfied the urge to jump all over him (she's easy to please). :)
We also got to hang out with Kaleb and Abby, our nephew & niece, who are the most entertaining little human beings ever! I could literally hold Abby and just stare at her, and I did any time Jenn would let me. :) Kaleb is two and so verbal; he will repeat absolutely anything you say, a quality I thought would be misused by Matt & Luke (but, thankfully, was not). All in all, it was a great trip that really made us look even more forward to the two weeks we will be in Fresno for Christmas & New Years (holler)!
Sparky, showing Sadie how to play with his toys
Pretty sure Sherman got to at least second base in doggy four-play
Hunter, the elusive playmate - he is deathly afraid of photos, hence this awkward one!
Abby, sweetest little bundle of joy
The Tatum men, who can still win Cranium while on baby duty!
The only time I saw my brother over holiday was while eating and when I went to watch Guitar Hero
Fun!
And the best picture of them all - Sadie keeping Sam company on the car ride home. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment